The Merrimac Fire Department has implemented a number of special precautions and procedures in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
In line with all standards for protecting our staff during COVID-19 restrictions and allowing them the best opportunity to serve our community, this Station is closed to non-members.
- If you have business with the Fire Department, relay it to the Dispatcher at the window to your left. They will take your message.
- Plans for review can be left, after you inform the Dispatcher.
- Requests for Smoke/CO inspections (26/26 ½) can be made by calling 978-346-8211. They will be taken on a case by case basis.
Key Public Health Messages for All Residents:
- Protect yourself by following public health advice about keeping your hands clean, and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Protect others who are most at risk of COVID-19 by keeping your distance from people (at least 6 feet away from others), especially those who are older, and people living with chronic health conditions.
- If you are outside, avoid crowds.
- Don’t shake hands or hug.
- Stay connected to friends and loved ones by phone or through other technology.
When calling for medical aid, please provide complete and accurate information to our Dispatchers. We are prepared to provide the care that is needed for all requests. It is important to alert us if the person that needs aid is experiencing flu-like symptoms, so we can take the necessary precautions to protect them and our members. We are here to do our job and serve our Community.
Updates can be found on our Website (merrimacfire.org), Facebook (Merrimac Ma Fire Department- Official) and Twitter (Merrimac Fire). Please like or Follow us to receive updates as they become available.
Larry S. Fisher